Youth Co-Ed Flag Football League
The CUMC Youth Coed Flag Football League for grades K-6 is a great balance of learning football skills, having fun, and being reminded of God's presence and love in our lives. All practices and games happen on Sunday afternoons behind Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church; Pleasant Grove UMC is located at 445 E 111th Street here in Carmel just east of the intersection of 111th & Pennsylvania Street.
Sundays, March 15 - May 17: Games (30 minute practice/1 hour game) - arrive 30 minutes prior to your child's grade's practice time (for example, if your child has practice at 4:30, the game arrival time would be 4pm) [all times are subject to change due to inclement weather]
Sunday, March 15: Scrimmage day to help us determine even teams. Deadline to sign up on location at scrimmages.Sunday, March 22: Practice
Sunday, March 29: Practice
Sunday, April 5: No Practice (Spring Break)
Kindergarten: 1:30 - 2:30 pm
1st/2nd Grade: 2:30-3:30 pm
3rd/4th Grade: 3:30-4:30 pm
5th/6th Grade: 4:30-5:30 pm
Playoff Game at Carmel HS Football Stadium: times to be determined (weekend of May 23-24)
*The league director reserves the right to adjust age divisions if numbers in one or more divisions dictate it to make the league work best.
- Registration Fee is $75 per player
- Registration Deadline is March 15, 2014 (Walk Ups Accepted)
- All divisions are coed
- 7 versus 7 format
- 7 week season including one playoff game
- Each player has the option to request to be on one other player's team, but the request must be reciprocal and made at time of registration.
- Each game week there is a Bible scripture to be memorized that contributes to the beginning score of the game and at halftime there is a 15 minute break for a Christian devotion.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Ray Marsh at
The Sports and Recreation Ministry at Carmel United Methodist Church is once again offering a Youth Coed Volleyball League and registration is NOW OPEN!
The CUMC Youth Coed Volleyball League is for grades 3-8, and is a great balance of learning volleyball skills, having fun, making new friends, and being reminded of God's presence and love in our lives.
All scrimmages, evaluations, practices, and games happen on Tuesday nights and take place in the gym at Carmel United Methodist Church located at 621 S. Rangeline Road.
Your grade level practice/match times:
Grades: 3/4: 5:30pm Practice - 1 Hr Match at 5:45pm
Grades: 5/6 6:45pm Practice - 1 Hr Match at 7:00pm
Grades: 7/8 8:00pm Practice - 1 Hr Match at 8:15pm
Fees are $50 and include a team shirt, volleyball clinic, refereed games, team photo, and a positive, encouraging environment. *Requests to play with one other player in the league will try to be accomodated as long as both players make the request when they register.
- Tuesday, March 17: Instructional Clinic
- Tuesday, March 24: Scrimmage to determine evenly balanced teams
- Tuesday, March 31: First Team Practice
- Tuesday, April 7: No game or practice due to Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 14: Practice/Match #1
- Tuesday, April 21: Practice/Match #2
- Tuesday, April 28: Practice/Match #3
- Tuesday, May 5: Practice/Match #4
- Tuesday, May 12: Practice/Match #5
- Tuesday, May 19: Practice/Match #6
- Tuesday, May 26: Playoff Match