We NEED! lots of student participation to make this happen and there are ways to be involved using a lot of different skills. Feel free to sign up for more than one service and you can mix and match what job you'd like to do at each service.
The Youth Ministry program will be undergoing an evaluation from Ministry Architects the weekend of February 27th to help build a sustainable Youth Ministry. Please consider signing up for a listening session to provide valuable insight to the existing Youth Ministry program.
Youth Growth Groups!
These groups are a great place to grow in your faith alongside your friends, and one of our outstanding adult leaders! It is a small group of people who meet weekly in someone’s home or a public meeting space. Growth Groups will begin meeting the week of September 20th.Please be sure to come to Intersect, September 13th to find out who your leader is and who is in your group. Any questions, email Ashley at
CONNECT, GROW, SERVE!
“Creating Lifelong Disciples of Jesus Christ”
Youth Night for Grades 6-12. Begins September 13. Similar to current Youth Worship service but with greater flexibility
- Doors open at 5:15pm, program begins at 6:00pm
- worship, teaching, discussion groups, games, food, and fun!
- Dinner served
Intersect 2015-2015 (school year) Calendar:
Classes on Sunday mornings from 9:30-11am with participation options on Sunday night. Students are encouraged to worship with parents on Sunday when no class is scheduled.
Benefits of Youth Ministry participation:
Provide our youth with better opportunities to establish meaningful, personal connections with peers, adult mentors and other CUMC family members, persons they may serve or serve alongside in missions, younger children & Jesus
- Provide better opportunities to let the youth explore and utilize their spiritual gifts of music, leadership, hospitality, children, serving, etc
- Provide opportunities for our youth to be more visible and active within the CUMC body at large
- Provide regular, age-appropriate and relevant instruction, worship, and Bible study
- Additional use of the newly renovated space by children and students
Questions? Contact Scott McDermid at
or Kevin Andrews at