Youth Summer Happenings!
Youth Summer Trip to Nashville June 15-20!
Register NOW to be a part of a life-changing week serving residents of Nashville, Tennessee. You'll want to experience the fantastic road trip, mind-blowing food, and unforgettable moments spent with friends! Plus, God will use this week to shape you into the compassionate person He created you to be!
Cost of the trip is $340 and includes lodging, transportation, meals, project supplies, free day activities, highlight DVD and poster. If you could use some financial assistance, please contact us for a confidential scholarship application. This will be your only opportunity to place a $50 deposit via credit card (not tax deductible) or you can submit a check to the church office at your earliest convenience. Register soon as space is limited! If interested, please contact Kevin Andrews. Phone 317-844-7275 or email:
Why: Mark 10:45 “The son of man came not to be served, but to serve and give his life…” We want to live as Jesus lives, through a life of service to our neighbor.
What: Meet needs in the international and low-income communities in Nashville, TN. Our capacity has expanded to serve the needs of the elderly, disabled, refugee and immigrant communities, pre-school, elementary school, adult-illiterate, at-risk youth, and low-income families.
CONNECT, GROW, SERVE!
“Creating Lifelong Disciples of Jesus Christ”
RETURNING AUGUST 2015
- Grades 7-12 begin to connect with the entire church starting in January. Options will include:
- Attending worship or Sunday School with parent
- Facilitating a new Kid’s Worship service in the Youth Center at 9:30
- Serving as an usher, greeter, coffee host, parking lot attendant, choir member, childcare worker, Sunday school assistant, computer or sound technician, etc
- Attending a youth worship experience (scaled-back from our current youth worship programs) as a short-term connection until they can be assimilated into another worship or service opportunity
- Youth Night for Grades 6-12. Begins January 25. Similar to current Youth Worship service but with greater flexibility
- Doors open and meal served starting at 5:30 pm. Program starts at 6:00 pm
- Music, teaching, discussion groups. More options for junior high students
In-Home Small Groups
- Sr. High Home Groups
- Jr. High Home Groups
Classes on Sunday mornings from 9:30-11am with participation options on Sunday night. Students are encouraged to worship with parents on Sunday when no class is scheduled.
Benefits of Youth Ministry participation:
- Provide our youth with better opportunities to establish meaningful, personal connections with peers, adult mentors and other CUMC family members, persons they may serve or serve alongside in missions, younger children & Jesus
- Provide better opportunities to let the youth explore and utilize their spiritual gifts of music, leadership, hospitality, children, serving, etc
- Provide opportunities for our youth to be more visible and active within the CUMC body at large
- Provide regular, age-appropriate and relevant instruction, worship, and Bible study
- Additional use of the newly renovated space by children and students
Questions? Contact Scott McDermid at
or Kevin Andrews at