This summer youth (6-12 grade students) will have an amazing chance to put their faith into action by serving people in need while having a blast in Music City USA (otherwise known as Nashville, TN). We will worship, play, work, laugh and build friendships as a way to grow our faith and show the love of Jesus to those we serve.
Opportunities will be given for ministry with children in low income apartments as well as work projects.
Lodging is provided at a local church only minutes away from where we will worship and hang out.
This is our 6th straight year in Nashville working along side Students Living a Mission (aka SLAM), and you can learn more by checking outwww.slamweb.org
Scholarships are available, so don't hesitate to ask as we never want cost to keep a student from going on a mission trip.
Youth Growth Groups!
These groups are a great place to grow in your faith alongside your friends, and one of our outstanding adult leaders! It is a small group of people who meet weekly in someone’s home or a public meeting space. Growth Groups will begin meeting the week of September 20th.Please be sure to come to Intersect, September 13th to find out who your leader is and who is in your group. Any questions, email Ashley at
CONNECT, GROW, SERVE!
“Creating Lifelong Disciples of Jesus Christ”
Youth Night for Grades 6-12. Begins September 13. Similar to current Youth Worship service but with greater flexibility
- Doors open at 5:15pm, program begins at 6:00pm
- worship, teaching, discussion groups, games, food, and fun!
- Dinner served
Intersect 2015-2015 (school year) Calendar:
Classes on Sunday mornings from 9:30-11am with participation options on Sunday night. Students are encouraged to worship with parents on Sunday when no class is scheduled.
Benefits of Youth Ministry participation:
Provide our youth with better opportunities to establish meaningful, personal connections with peers, adult mentors and other CUMC family members, persons they may serve or serve alongside in missions, younger children & Jesus
- Provide better opportunities to let the youth explore and utilize their spiritual gifts of music, leadership, hospitality, children, serving, etc
- Provide opportunities for our youth to be more visible and active within the CUMC body at large
- Provide regular, age-appropriate and relevant instruction, worship, and Bible study
- Additional use of the newly renovated space by children and students
Questions? Contact Scott McDermid at
or Kevin Andrews at